The main features of steel forgings:
1. Large weight range. Forgings can be as small as a few grams to as large as hundreds of tons.
2. Higher quality than castings. Forgings have better mechanical properties than castings, and can withstand large impact forces and other heavy loads. Therefore, steel forgings are used for all important and stressed parts.
For high-carbide steels, forgings are of better quality than rolled products.
3. Light weight. On the premise of ensuring design strength, forgings are lighter than castings, which reduces the weight of the machine itself, which is of great significance for transportation, aircraft, vehicles and astronautical equipment.
4. Save raw materials. For example, for a crankshaft with a dead weight of 17kg used in automobiles, when using rolled material for cutting and forging, the chips account for 189% of the crankshaft weight, while when using die forging, the chips account for only 30%, which also shortens the machining time by 1/6.
Precision forgings not only save more raw materials, but also save more machining man-hours.
5. High productivity. For example, using two hot forging presses to forge radial thrust bearings can replace 30 automatic cutting machine tools.
6. Free forging has great flexibility. Therefore, forging methods are widely used in some repair factories to produce various accessories.
Just like you, 70% customers choose long-term cooperation with BBN steel not only for our good product and service quality, good reputation in the international market, but also for our experienced one-stop raw material supply and further steel processing!